ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 29th, 2017, 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Would you wanna be a Case Farm worker?
PostPosted: May 1st, 2017, 8:31 am 
Site Admin

This is an interesting story, with some great photos. These people come here from Guatamala to work, sometimes for 14-15 years, and then they go back "home" to raise families or whatever. They don't WANT to stay in the USA. I wish the story had gone into more detail about the working conditions at Case Farms Poultry, but the most they said that would be a clue was that a guy lost a limb and that sort of thing, no details at all. ** Oh, derrr . . . here's the real, sickening, behind the scenes story - it took me a while to find it on their web site because the link provided in the newsletter at my email didn't work. https://www.propublica.org/article/case-farms-chicken-industry-immigrant-workers-and-american-labor-law

This is the story with photos from ProPublica (please donate to them if you can): https://www.propublica.org/article/photos-returning-to-guatemala-roots-of-case-farms-workers

And then here's some stuff I dug up about Case Farms:

Here's the intro page of their web site:
http://www.casefarms.com/

Boy, don't pictures 3 and 4 look just like the ads for ALL farms these days? Believe me, that's not the way things really are.

And then there this page, where they actually BRAG about feeding their chickens corn and soy!! Good Lord. They also claim their chickens are cage free. Um-hmm. Go back and look at those photos from the link above one more time and tell me that any of that green grass looks like it's been touched by a chicken. Case Farms idea of cage free is that each individual chicken is not in a cage; it says nothing about the fact that those building we saw in the photos from the above link are packed with chickens who are so tightly jammed into those buildings they can't even breathe much less move. Cage free is just a symbolic term anymore, it means nothing so long as the chicken businesses are not stuffing birds into tiny cages - thus calling themselves cage-free.

Lawyers have been busy teaching the advertisers how to play with the English language to a point now where words don't mean a thing.

Read here: http://www.casefarms.com/about-us

Wow, doesn't that sound like a glowing report? It's all lies. If you are capable of reading between the lines, you will see the BLATANT lies being told.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DON'T BUY CHICKEN FROM A GROCERY STORE, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU. And, for God's sake, don't eat fast food or restaurant chicken. It makes me shiver to think of all the ways we're being pushed into eating corn and soy. That's the real thorn here, as far as I'm concerned.

One thing about it - - you can't say american businessmen aren't inventive when it comes to clever ways to sell their junk, huh?