ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 25th, 2017, 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Beet root powder
PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 8:53 am 
Site Admin

I found a whole bunch of bags of frozen mixed up fruits in my freezer this past weekend (I made them up last year when I was going to juice for a while and then changed my mind) so I've been briefly running the fruit through my Nutri-Bullet and leaving it sorta kinda chunky but drinkable (if that makes sense) and then I add 1 tsp beet root powder (from Mountain Rose Herbs) which I also found in my freezer! I've been sleeping like a baby at night but I don't know if that's the reason or if it's just because I'm so exhausted from watching babies during the day. :mrgreen: 8-) I have a new little guy who still eats every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and boy does he keep me hopping. Not much time for anything else these days. Be glad when he outgrows that stage and moves on to where he eats every 4 hours or so.

Does anyone else use beet root powder or drink beet juice for health reasons? What are your conclusions? Supposed to be dandy stuff for the heart . . . :P :D I think it also helps with neuropathy though, because I've not been having problems with my feet at night. Usually they feel like they're on fire all night long (funny how that doesn't seem to happen quite as badly during the daytime, although my feet are always really warm if now downright hot). They never swell though, which also seems odd to me because almost everyone else I know who has neuropathy complains of retaining water and having swelling sometimes all the way up to their thighs.

I think it's partly because those people don't consume enough sea salt (sodium HELPS with water retention, not the other way around). This is why you don't listen to doctors about nutritional/mineral/vitamin information - because they don't know their asses from a hole in the ground when it comes to that stuff, unless they're holistic physicians who have studied ANYWHERE but in a conventional medical school setting. But, that's just my opinion (about the sodium intake). ALL minerals are important but doctors continue to demonize sodium when they really don't even understand it. Go figure.

Post subject: Re: Beet root powder
PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 4:33 pm 

I eat a lot of fresh beets and beet greens. Sometimes I cook them, other times I eat them raw. I love them!

PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

I try to eat whole beets and greens too, but I've resorted to the root powder because I'm the only one who will eat real beets and I can't find organic ones anyhow. I cannot grow them - or anything else that grows underground (like carrots). No can do. They get beautiful nice green full tops and there's nothing underneath the soil. Just little stubs of what's supposed to be as big as a baseball. :| :evil:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2017, 9:09 am 
Site Admin

This article came to my inbox this morning, dealing with beets. I still use the beet root powder because I recently read somewhere that the beet crystals aren't a good substitute for the powder. I can't remember exactly why (I read sooooo much stuff every day it's hard to recall) but if I find out I'll post info here.

This is just good, general information. You'll have to decide if you want to try the crystals or stick with the powder, I guess.

http://blog.florahealthy.com/feel-the-power-of-beets/