ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently June 28th, 2017, 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Really, what IS health care?
PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 8:41 am 
Site Admin

What does the term "health care" really mean? I have no idea any more. I've always felt it was a scam to bolster insurance companies. Turns out I'm not the only one who thinks so. 8-) :mrgreen:

Quote:
What is Health Care? Most folks think that it has something to do with health. That's marketing. The term Health Care has to do with insurance coverage - and nothing to do with health.

How about the term Health Insurance? Very doubtful that anything in the indemnification industry can improve or promote human health in the slightest, let alone guarantee it.

Again, the words that the industry people chose have created our own erroneous thought patterns. [ Doors of Perception] Subconsciously, pre- consciously we think that our health is guaranteed because we have insurance coverage.

That my friends, is power. Fashioning the public hard drive.

Perhaps the biggest triumph in the history of the insurance industry was the mandatory purchase of "health insurance," conceived by the handlers of the last administration. The monster of Obamacare, imposed by the Supreme Court, 5-4. IRS penalties for noncompliers. Madison and Jefferson are certainly rolling in their graves.

There is no link yet because it's not up on his site in the newsletter archives. It will be, at some point soon, I'm sure. Go to http://www.thedoctorwithin.com and check, but in the meantime I'm posting the entire article below so you get the "rest of the story" to go with what I quoted above from the article in my e-newsletter.

= = = = = = = = = = =

HEALTH INSURANCE - OXYMORON OR NEW VIABLE ALTERNATIVE?

What do you call someone who believes an oxymoron implicitly? Without thinking about it.

Hmmm... Sounds logical.

Central Intelligence, military intelligence, informed public, homeland security, .....etc.

What is Health Care? Most folks think that it has something to do with health. That's marketing. The term Health Care has to do with insurance coverage - and nothing to do with health.

How about the term Health Insurance? Very doubtful that anything in the indemnification industry can improve or promote human health in the slightest, let alone guarantee it.

Again, the words that the industry people chose have created our own erroneous thought patterns. [ Doors of Perception] Subconsciously, pre- consciously we think that our health is guaranteed because we have insurance coverage.

That my friends, is power. Fashioning the public hard drive.

Perhaps the biggest triumph in the history of the insurance industry was the mandatory purchase of "health insurance," conceived by the handlers of the last administration. The monster of Obamacare, imposed by the Supreme Court, 5-4. IRS penalties for noncompliers. Madison and Jefferson are certainly rolling in their graves.

Suddenly after almost 250 years, US citizens are forced under penalty of law to accept the hegemony of organized medicine as pre-eminent - the last word in every question of health. You still have freedom of choice to try a nonmedical solution first, but you have to pay monthly to the drugs-and surgery Boys. Protection money - just like the mob in New York, etc.

And they got away with it. Sanctioned by today's extremist media, holding sway over a sheepish and rationally bankrupt lot.

Boo-hoo, right? Welcome to America.

But there's an alternative I just learned about: Liberty Health Share.org

You have to read about its similarity to standard insurance, but the good news is that it may be as little as 25% of the cost, and still complies with requirements for health coverage.

E.g.:

. . . . under 30 . . . . 30-65 . . . . over 65

single . . . . $131 . . . . $181 . . . . $206
couple . . . .$227 . . . . $277 . . . . $327
family . . . . $374 . . . . $424 . . . .

Compare what you're paying now for insurance, to this chart. It may be worthwhile to actually go to the website and learn the specific differences in limitation . Liberty has been around for over 20 years so they might have figured a few things out about economizing on coverage you may not need.

Judge for yourself: libertyhealthshare.org

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Granted, insurance now seems to be a necessary evil, but I must tell you I've survived my whole life without it. Even when I had it through a few of my jobs I never used it because those were the years where I wasn't ever sick! I'm rarely ever sick now, for that matter. That's why I don't have or want insurance, not even the kind he is talking about in his article. My DH and I looked into several of these "group" or "Christian group" insurance thingys but none of them were of interest to us and neither is the one he talks above. However, don't let our experience stop you from checking it out for yourself. Everyone has different needs and wants when it comes to insurance.

After I turn 65 the socislsecuritycreeps have informed me that I will be "automatically" enrolled. Fine, but that doesn't mean I have to use something I don't want.