ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently July 24th, 2017, 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Rand McNalley Atlas
PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 9:28 am 
Site Admin

By golly, they do still make paper maps. When I was a kid, maps of any State in the nation were free for the taking. Now, if you can actually FIND a map, they are upwards of $5 each. Unreal.

Soooooo, since DH and I are planning a trip to SCA next summer (sort of a mini-family reunion with the CA people) we are going to drive and will need a map. Makes me wish I'd saved ALL the paper maps my Dad collected over the many years he traveled all over kingdom come. We intend to go places where no "app" could ever be used. :mrgreen: Technology, let's face it, just isn't that great. I don't have a phone that can use apps anyway and since I'm the map-reader in the family I'll be the co-pilot and giving the directions to the driver. 8-) We intend to go the long way, taking in many sights along the way, both coming and going. I learned to read a map when I was about 4 years old because, not only did they fascinate me, but my Dad insisted that we know how to read a map before he would let us drive. Heck, I learned to drive when I was about 8 - I could drive anything that had 4 wheels and ran and helped at the farm more than my brothers did.

Check out all the different forms of the Atlas these days (makes my head spin to try to figure out which one just plain gives me the road to take to get from Point A to Point B. I think the mid-sized one with the purple wildflowers on the front will do just fine for us.

http://www.randmcnally.com/product/road-atlas

We are also planning to go down into Mexico (the Baja portion at least) and I want to visit the clinic run by Dr. Tony Jimenez (he was in the series put out by Ty Bollinger called The Truth About Cancer) and even though we don't need him (yipppeee!) I want to know more about his clinic, his methods, his payment requirements, etc., because I want to be able to recommend him to people. Since I have so many relatives who live in SCA, it would be simply a hop, skip and a jump to get to his facility and be treated PROPERLY for cancer and other illnesses, not by our quack modern allopathic highway to nowhere. That might even be the highlight of our trip, who knows! :D

Post subject: Re: Rand McNalley Atlas
PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 9:40 am 

I did not know they still made the maps! Good to know!