ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently June 29th, 2017, 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: IRS non-enforcement!! YAY ;)
PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 9:40 am 
Site Admin

I read this article late last evening and wasn't sure I actually understood it since I had a long day yesterday, and that's an understatement!

So I read it again this morning and it's beginning to sink in what this could really mean if the IRS does their job as they've been duly instructed. Few of the alphabet agencies actually do follow directions, however, so it remains to be seen what truly happens in this regard.

Psssst - I pay cash for all my clinic visits. I've never been to an "urgent care" or an "ER" in my life, and have only ever been hospitalized when I had babies. So, knock on wood, the next thing I'll need will simply be an undertaker, forget the middle man. As Rafe Hollister from the Andy Griffith show famously said, "When I 'as born I had my mama, when I die I'll have ta undertaker, I don't see no use in messin' things up in between." Profound words, especially for today's world. :mrgreen:

Quote:
Following the issuance of President Trump’s executive order in January in which he ordered the Health and Human Services Department to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of [ObamaCare, or ACA] that would impose a financial burden on any State, or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families…” the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) responded last month:

The recent executive order directed federal agencies to exercise authority and discretion available to them to reduce potential burden[s]. Consistent with that, the IRS has decided to make changes that would continue to allow electronic and paper returns to be accepted for processing in instances where a taxpayer doesn’t indicate their [health insurance] coverage status. [Emphasis added.]

This unheralded non-enforcement of the ObamaCare mandate not only spells the end of the government healthcare nightmare but is adding impetus to free market efforts to fill the void. The mandate was part of the “three-legged stool” upon which the failing government program was based. It forced individuals either to purchase health insurance, whether they wanted to or not, or else pay a penalty to the IRS. The IRS was the enforcement arm for ObamaCare.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors/item/25693-cash-only-medical-care-benefits-from-irs-non-enforcement-of-obamacare-mandate

Post subject: Re: IRS non-enforcement!! YAY ;)
PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Well, my DH called a local tax preparer to find out all about this and here's the deal: If you have someone in your household who was denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition (which is what several insurance companies said about me so I couldn't get coverage without a huge monthly premium not to mention a humongous deductible) you must have an "exlusion number" in order to file for relief from the "tax penalty" at the end of every year if you aren't covered. Well, explain to me how anyone would know enough to ask for an exclusion number? Shouldn't the company who's turning you down for coverage automatically provide that information?? How many people on the street would know to ask for such a thing? Good grief.

I knew there was a catch, there always is.

Nevertheless, I'd rather pay the "tax" at the end of the year than spend untold amounts of money for coverage I'll never use. If President Trump's team doesn't figure out a way to get rid of obozocare, next year my end-of-year-tax will be about $3,000. I'd still rather pay that amount than spend almost that amount monthly for crappy insurance coverage and then have to be under the thumb of some damn imbecile running the place who doesn't know Jackschitt about me but is trying to tell me what I HAVE to do when I see my doctor. That, I can tell you, is NOT NOT NOT going to happen. Not ever.