ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 22nd, 2017, 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Nutrients which slow alzheimers
PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 9:27 am 
Site Admin

A good B complex; good omega 3 fats, Vit C and Vit D3. Those are the biggies from what I can gather from the article. The reason I say B complex is because they've listed so many of the B vitamins as being vitally important to the prevention of alzheimers that a "complex" would definitely be the way to go. It's terribly expensive to take each one separately, not to mention it's a helluva lot of stuff to swallow and then the tummy has to do the work, so to speak. Besides, if there are others like me, I cannot tolerate the hot flushes associated with B3 (real Niacin) and the other stuff (I call it fake niacin) doesn't have the same effect so why bother. I would try to get most of my B3 from foods, if possible, because that would seem a much better option for me.

The vid in this article is only 10 minutes but packed with info and then you can also read some stuff he's written, along with some other folks who have studied B3.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/03/09/b-vitamins-improve-brain-health.aspx

I had a brother-in-law who suffered from very early on-set of alzheimers (he was on 53 when things got really bad) and it's not pretty to watch people you love deteriorate. He was physically quite healthy, which surprises me, and lived to be 72 in a nursing home. He could walk and that was about it though, because he didn't recognize anyone and he didn't understand anything said to him. What a cruel disease. For all rights and purposes, he was really dead for almost 20 years before he actually passed away. That was a bad time for my family because the day after he died, my oldest sister died from the effects of about 15 drugs the doctors were giving her for RA (and I don't even believe she had RA at all). She was 68 for less than a month. Her birthday was in December and she died in January. My other sister (the wife of the BIL who had alzheimers) died of the same fate as my older sister, except that she was only 60. Drugs, wayyyy too many of them, killed both of them and I'll never believe anything else.