ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently June 28th, 2017, 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Food idea: The AGA stove
PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

While I was reading the Bilbury Chronicles books, the author kept referring to an Aga cooker and I had no idea what it was, for sure, but I assumed it was something like an old-fashioned stove. Well, I was close. Nowadays they are a bit more modern because no wood is required as the heat source, but THIS is what I'm asking for for my birthday this year. Hands down, I wish I'd known about these things 40 years ago. I can't think of anything more handy except possibly the stove my gramma had (at the farm). Hers had only two ovens but they were bigger, and the burners that had to be lifted off with a handle (very unhandy by today's standards), BUT it also had a deep well in the back (in which she always had some sort of soup cooking) and it also had a "shelf" across the top of the back of the stove where the heat automatically vented itself out, and she would keep bread warm up there (or baked potatoes and the like) until the men came inside to eat.

Take a look at this AGA though and watch the explanatory 4 min vid and you'll see why I'm excited to have one.

http://www.agaliving.com/buying-an-aga/new-to-aga

Some photos with different stoves. **Oh crap, you'll have to go down to the bottom of the page on the right hand side and click the link where it says something like "continue to the next page": http://www.houzz.com/aga-stove