ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently July 20th, 2017, 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: are pipelines safe?
PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone who tells you they are, doesn't know **** from shinola.

I've seen the damage that can be done by leaking pipes buried underground. That's why I'm still more in favor of shipping the stuff by railway, not to mention it's why I'm very much against having this DAPL disaster go right next to the town where I spent almost 25 years of my life.

Wanna know why I feel so strongly about this?

Just read this and you'll know - - -> http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dapl-pipeline-company-69-accidents/

Never trust the word of those causing the problems, for heaven's sake. :roll: For that company (ETP) they take the ladder down from the treehouse just as soon as their work is done and they're outta there.

And you can bet your sweet bippy that the first time this thing "fails" ETP will be nowhere in sight and no money will ever come from them for the damage. They have the courts on their side, they have the EPA on their side and they have the Army Corps of Engineers on their side. Few are on the side of "right" in this matter. That will, I'm sad to say, soon be evident.

Post subject: Re: are pipelines safe?
PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 10:29 am 

These pipelines are being built across the US. And with the new gangster in the White House, things look even scarier: the CEO of Exxon for Secretary of State, Dept of Energy headed by a board member of the Dakota pipeline corporations, FDA now headed by a man totally owned by big oil...

It's no longer a question of saving Nature, but saving the last few pockets of Nature, and trying to keep from being poisoned by these gangsters that control the govt, media, fossil fuel industry, CIA, etc etc.

A 500+ mile long pipeline is being built right now thru Alabama Georgia and Florida. They are burrowing under the beautiful Suwanee river as we speak. This monstrosity is designed to carry natural gas from fracking in Pennsylvania and elsewhere. Natural gas is hardly a "clean" energy. Fracking poisons groundwater and causes all kinds of other problems. Search "Pennsylvania fracking suppressed" and see what comes up, how the govt has been hiding all these reports from thousands of people whose groundwater has been poisoned from fracking...

Most of the people in Florida still don't even know about this pipeline being built (such is the power of the media cartel), the "Sabal Trail Pipeline". Environmental groups have sued to try to stop it but the establishment freely breaks the law and bulldozes ahead. And now with Trump the bulldozer just shifted into high gear.

They are drilling thru one of the most vulnerable and pristine areas in the US, the world renowned springs and aquifer of north Florida. This is one of the largest fresh water aquifers in the world and most of Florida gets it drinking water from it.

Here's a short vid put out by two brothers who tried to stop this illegal Sabal Trail pipeline from going thru their land in Georgia. Under Georgia law "eminent domain" is supposed to be for public, not private projects, and it's supposed to be proven the project significantly benefits the people of Georgia. This pipeline only passes thru Georgia, the natural gas is going to Florida (and to export stations for overseas btw) so it cannot possibly be argued it benefits Georgians. Yet these two brothers lost in court, and to add insult to injury the judge was so corrupt he fined them 47 grand to pay the legal fees of the pipeline corporation. Btw natural gas pipelines explode all the time and this could collapse the aquifer, not to mentioned killing people. See the San Bruno pipeline explosion for a peak into this subject. And this Sabal pipeline is way bigger, three feet in diameter. How'd you like to have a ticking time bomb like that running next to your home?

https://www.gofundme.com/2pgabdvh

Btw there's an excellent podcast, find one that works, by Love and Revolution radio interviewing Bobby C Billie spiritual leader of traditional Seminoles of Florida, and Shannon Larsen and a third man. They document how they've tried repeatedly to report illegal actions of the Sabal Trail pipeline construction thru Florida and the regulatory agencies are so corrupt they just ignore them...

Btw that vid above with the two brothers is similar to the much bigger case where Chevron was fined 9 billion dollars by a judge in Ecuador for poisoning the Amazon with oil spills literally over 1000 times the size of the British Petroleum spill that killed the Gulf of Mexico. Chevron has refused to pay and countersued in some bogus corporate court for Ecuador infringing on their profits and received an award of 100 million dollars. This is what we are dealing with...

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:31 am 

That first paragraph above was supposed to say the EPA, not the FDA, is now run by a man totally owned by big oil. (the FDA of course is typically run by the chemical and pharmaceutical cartel).

Another recent gas pipeline explosion was in Refugio, TX and you could see the fireworks 100 miles away.

Btw Florida gets 50,000 lightening strikes a year last I heard. With pipelines they say it's not a question of if they will leak but when.

I could post a lot of links here, but I've recently realized most all the info I give others is "in one ear and out the other", unless they have some grounding in REALITY. Activism is one way to get acquainted with Reality. Even though it is true there is much hypocrisy with some activists, you will start learning quickly just how unbelievably corrupt the System is when you get involved. To give but one example, years back I went to this hearing on the Fenhollaway sp? river of Florida, which was given an "industrial" classification by the govt so this corporation could use it as an open industrial sewer into the Gulf of Mexico. You could smell this stench in the air as you entered the town. Anyway this small group of townspeople were trying to fight the govt and corporation. They told me how they get followed around by unmarked cars, and get death threat phone calls at 3AM, etc.

Reality is quite different than the fantasy coming out of ABC, NBC, Fox News... And that's inside this country. Overseas it's way way more extreme, what the gangsters that run things here are doing to people over there.

Yet most Americans live in a total fantasy state, until a pipeline comes thru their back yard, or they get cancer from the industrial poisons that surround us...

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:59 am 
Site Admin

I'm with you all the way, Tom. Pipelines are a disaster, we have so much fake news it's become a disgrace, wars seem to be the only thing people in CONgress can think about when it comes to money - - - it's because people are too busy with electronic gadgets to pay attention to the REAL WORLD.

I still have hope for the Trump appointees to do marginally the right things, at least. We know already that all gubmint ever does is the bare minimum for the rest of us, and that usually includes some sort of welfare. When that happens, they think they're doing their jobs. Amazing stupidity has become a chronic condition across the USA.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:57 am 

yeah Deb, I was going to post a thread on this Sabal TraiL Pipeline and came over here and saw you had started this thread so I just jumped on.

Here's an interesting article on Bobby C Billie, I mentioned he's in a podcast talking about the Sabal Trail monstrosity. He was born in the Everglades. Years back I read Russell Mean's autobiography, the American Indian Movement leader. In his book he says he's traveled the US and visited so many Native groups and he says there are only three left that he considers still living their traditional ways: some Hopi, some Navajo, and some Miccosuki that still live in the Everglades. That last group is Bobby's people and he is the medicine man. When the US govt tried to murder all the Seminoles in the "Seminole Wars", Bobby's people fled into the Everglades and never surrendered.

I asked Bobby once and he said yes Russell Means did come and visit their village once. This article goes into his background a bit and for years he has reached out to others, talking about what overpopulation, real estate developments, the Army Corps of Engineers, the govt, Big Ag, corporations... have done to destroy the natural areas of Florida.

The article also shows a map outlining the area of South Florida (about one third of the state) that is Native American land, not US land, per a treaty signed by president Polk. Btw the US constitution does say that treaties. along with the constitution, are the supreme law of the land.

I think overall the article is pretty accurate, aside from things like saying christian churches "arose" on reservations (actually Indian children in the US were kidnapped by the govt and sent to boarding schools for re education, where their language was forbidden, run by christian missionary organizations, I think the movie The Education of Little Tree is about this subject...)

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/micco ... es-8318896

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

That's a good article and I agree with many of the things he says about his Native ways.

As to the part where he mentions the churches "arose" on the reservations, I think you're reading too much into it, Tom. I think he simply meant to say that they started springing up on the reservation due to the missionaries. Sometimes I feel the Indians would have been better off if the missionaries had just left them alone, and that includes the education part. But that's just my opinion.

Are you planning to join the walk?

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:22 pm 

That article is from last year so that walk already happened. But it was on a walk across Florida from the Everglades to Tallahassee in the 90s where I first did meet Bobby. He was asked to lead it. You know he walked every step of the way too. No one else did that I know of. I had to work in Miami Beach so I only walked parts of it.

I'm taking care of my mom these days since my dad died from taking rat poison er I mean blood thinners prescribed by the medical mafia. I'm thinking of moving out to Oregon when it's possible and just getting a menial job and take it from there. I know what Bobby means about feeling alone. People's idea of recreation out here is to catch fish, rip the hook out and throw them, wounded, back in the water, "catch and release". That pretty much sums up modern America.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Oh heck, I didn't even think to look at the date on that article. Since they talked about March, and March is so close now, I guess I just assumed it was new. THat's what I get for assuming, huh?

That's what some people are calling the new immigration rules regarding screening people who are already here, and then if they're legalized, release them. Personally, I think america has enough people to take care of already, too many illegals that will never be caught and ejected, and when I think of how all of EU must be laughing their asses off at us for our stupidity in the past 60 years, it makes me sick. Sure, some EU countries are taking them, but many have simply put their foot down and said no. That's exactly what we should be doing. The people who live in america who don't like that policy can get the hell out, too.

But hey, you know, that's just warm-hearted little me! I've got no sympathy for people who come here illegally, nor do I have sympathy for a gubmint who WANTS them to come in. Our job situation has suffered, the taxpayers are drowning in debt they didn't create and our politicians think it's funny.

I'd like to take Chuck Schumer and show him a real invasion - what the whites did to our local indians by creating reservations. There are many of them here in our State where I'd love to take him on a personal tour. But, of course, Schumer is a part of that cabal who wants to create reservations for all of us (except, of course, the elitists). It's disgusting. HE'S disgusting.

Oregon is beautiful but they have some weird laws out there. Be sure to fully check it out before you make a move. One of my best friends has a brother who lives there and they had to get permission to plant a tree, and they had to tear down a bunch of existing trees when they bought their property - - it was a hassle.