ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 24th, 2017, 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: *Dam* scary
PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Californian's have been too busy paying attention to the non-important crap of life, to bother with the realities. They are, after all, the movie star capital of the world so they must pay homage, while at the same time ruining the lives of their future generation of children (read: chemicals, vaccines, techno crap). Heh, see where that kind of activity got them?

Hope your family doesn't live along the Feather River route, Sylvia.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/no_author/dam-frightening/

Post subject: Re: *Dam* scary
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 3:37 pm 

Dad lives about 75 miles south of the dam, he is about a mile from the river. As long as the levees hold in Sacramento, he should be ok. We all know that California takes real good care of their levees.

The Feather river drains into the Sacramento river and that drains into the San Francisco bay.

The dam itself is ok, what id compromised is one of the spillways, which is right next to the dam. The spillway looks like a giant slide and the ground under it gave way and that became one problem. The the lake was over flowing full and the water was pouring over the area on the other side of the spillway--which it is supposed to do, only it was so much water that it tore up the side of the hill.

The California Department of Water Resources warned that the emergency spillway next to the dam was ‘predicted to fail’. <~~~This is very true, they knew 12 years ago and didn't want to spend the money on repairs. A dam failed recently in eastern Nevada too.

http://khsl.web.franklyinc.com/story/34 ... -years-ago

http://khsl.web.franklyinc.com/story/34 ... eb-13-2017

Post subject: Re: *Dam* scary
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

I worry when I hear these kinds of things because if dams are supposed to do what they're built to do, they must be maintained, as my FIL knew very well. He was the head dood at Big Bend Dam for a long time so he knew.

But in my area (not where Big Bend is located, BTW) there was a horrific flood back in 1972 and it was because we got too much rain in a very short while and the system in place at that time couldn't handle it. Not sure it would now, either. See, it's one of those things where unless you work for a dam, you don't really pay much attention to it unless something goes wrong. Apparently our gubmint and State Officials adopt the same attitude, even when they're TOLD about something being wrong.

I have a BIL living in Stockton and I keep telling him to get the hell out of there. It's full of crime, it's now full of immigrants (even more than usual) and now it could potentially be in harms way. How much more does he need to know??