ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 26th, 2017, 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Should we avoid shopping at Amazon?
PostPosted: December 6th, 2016, 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

I've seen several articles today telling people to stop shopping at Amazon because of the WaPo articles that have been surfacing since about mid-August. Bezos, who owns Amazon, also owns WaPo and seems to be a fervent democrap. Whatever.

Now the latest scheme he has up his sleeve is to make groceries available (through physical supermarkets) where there are no check out counters (and thus, sadly, no checkers which equals no human jobs). What an ***. Our country is trying like mad to create jobs and he's doing his all-out best to help McDonald's in the effort to eliminate jobs and employ either robots or smart-phones. What about those of us who do not now, or ever, want a smart phone?? I won't ever own one so I guess I'd just have to starve to death under his less than brilliant idea. I still think technology is going to bring us all down, at some point. Too many people have become waaaaaay too dependent on phones and apps. It's going to be our un-doing, I'm afraid.

I am trying to locate products through other vendors if possible. If it's something I really, really need and I can't find it elsewhere I'll order from amazon until I DO find it elsewhere. I started doing this earlier this year, if you recall my rant about this before! It was when amazon raised it's minimum purchase price (to help shave the cost of shipping) from $35 to $49. Just enough so it makes one helluva difference in a lot of things I might order. So see, not everything is good for everyone, mostly it's just good for amazon. I and many others no longer rely on amazon as our first "go to" place anymore, and that's a fact.

But, that's just my opinion. I generally try to support people who generally try to support the population. I don't generally try to support those entities who seem to be all about themselves, their own profits and not thinking or testing things ahead of time, at all. That's just plain irresponsible.

I've talked to dozens of people in the past few months who simply do not shop through amazon at all anymore. People are actually using their brains!

Post subject: Re: Should we avoid shopping at Amazon?
PostPosted: December 12th, 2016, 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Commie Bezos is doing his part to help out the criminal elites, isn't he? This explains just part of how he's making that happen. I told you they want to keep track of us . . . :? :shock:

What he and the other terribly benevolent (as we're told to believe) democraps fail to realize is that they are putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work - cashiers and bagboys to say the least. They aren't good jobs but at least they're jobs, and usually these jobs are held by people who've retired from other jobs (or were forced to) but still want to work or HAVE to work. I don't see Bezos and friends offering to come up with any plans to HELP employment efforts, just destroy them. Thanks to all the mindless dems who think stuff like this is a good idea.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2016-12-09-amazon-grocery-store-catch-they-want-to-be-able-to-track-you-must-forfeit-privacy.html