ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 26th, 2017, 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: It's continued to get worse - and look at us now
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Very insightful, but his bringing this into the light didn't help. Just look where we are today. :shock: :roll: Too bad no one took him seriously (at the CONgressional level) and tried to "correct it" as he advised. But then again, "correcting it" wasn't what they wanted at that time, was it? So now today we have to deal with their apathy regarding making any changes when they could have. Yeah, thanks a lot you bunch of bozos.

Quote:
For some time I have been disturbed by the way CIA has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government. This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas. I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger operations. Some of the complications and embarrassment I think we have experienced are in part attributable to the fact that this quiet intelligence arm of the President has been so removed from its intended role that it is being interpreted as a symbol of sinister and mysterious foreign intrigue — and a subject for cold war enemy propaganda.... We have grown up as a nation, respected for our free institutions and for our ability to maintain a free and open society. There is something about the way the CIA has been functioning that is casting a shadow over our historic position and I feel that we need to correct it. — Former President Harry S. Truman, in an op-ed published in the Washington Post on December 22, 1963