ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 23rd, 2017, 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Is coffee the new chemo?
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 8:52 am 
Site Admin

I don't know. But I know my mom and all of her friends used to drink literally POTS of coffee every day (and that was before organic coffee was even heard of, but of course, it was also before every stinkin' thing on earth was sprayed with poisonous, toxic chemicals, too. But my mom nor any of her friends had or died of cancer, and I kept up with ALLLLL of her friends (because their kids were MY schoolmates and friends, doncha see, and I came from a very small town where everyone kept track of everyone else, still does - my brother still lives there) until they were all gone. All of them, every single one, lived well into their upper 80's and 90's, one lady was 100 last year and is still drinking coffee like mad and doing just fine. Her mind is sharp as a tack, she still lives in her own home and she just started using a cane last year. Not bad, huh? I have no idea if the coffee helped with this or not, but it obviously didn't hurt and that is my point.

https://www.institutefornaturalhealing.com/2015/05/is-coffee-the-new-chemo/

I've posted the link here before for some coffee we've just recently started using from Grounds for Change. They have a few different varieties and some are decaf. I know the article says that the caffeine might be one of the reasons for the "protective" qualities of coffee but I simply cannot tolerate too much caffeine or my heart races like mad and it drives me bonkers. Sooooo, I buy decaf and regular, mix them together after I grind the beans and make my own versions of "half caf". The first morning I brewed this stuff my DH said he could smell it immediately when he woke up and when he tasted it, he was beyond impressed with the flavor and richness. Since we both prefer half caf, this works well for us.

Remember: Grounds for Change for the best coffee ever. I do not work for them. I do not get a "cut" of any kind for mentioning them. I just use their product and love it so I'm sharing my opinion and the information I've gleaned from using it.