ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently July 25th, 2017, 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: From cancer research to nutrition
PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Some of the info in this article you may already know. It talks a bit about glyphosate and why it's so bad (regardless of how great monsanto makes it sound) and why we need to avoid it, get rid of it, and once again my favorite line to say is we need to start looking backwards at farming methods, soil reconstitution, etc. Without good soil we can't have good food for good health and that is a fact. I've been preaching it for years, as have many blogs regarding health (WAPF, Cornucopia, etc).

This is a good start to getting "growing ideas" back on the road to the production of healthy foods. There'll be more info coming down the road on this subject in future, I'm sure of that. It's fascinating stuff. Maybe we'll be able to fix that broken allopathic mindset of drugs, drugs, drugs and start gearing people's lifestyles in a different direction after all. And wouldn't it be nice if more than half the american population didn't suffer from chronic disease? Sure would. That broken system needs fixing, badly.

Quote:
The Road From Cancer Research to Nutrition

During his endocrinology and metabolism fellowship, [Dr.] Bush was managing diabetes, autoimmune disorders, metabolic disorders and infertility in his clinic; in his research role at the University of Virginia, he focused on cellular biology research, looking at novel mechanisms by which cancer cells can kill themselves.

It's a commonly held view that cancer involves a battle between your immune system and the cancer cells; however, Bush's research demonstrated the critical role of cancer-cell suicide in the body's management of cancer.

The redox (reduction and oxidation) communication molecules are the foundation of this important response system.

As long as there's sufficient cell-to-cell communication, the cancer cells should recognize that they're damaged beyond the point of repair and commit suicide, a process called apoptosis, or programmed cell death.

So why does that process fail in so many people? And beyond cancer, why are so many people struggling with so many chronic illnesses?

"We were seeing this explosion of type 2 diabetes, obesity, metabolic collapse, cardiovascular disease and, of course, cancer … It ended up being patients that [changed] my 17 years of intense academic training in cellular biology. I started thinking … there's got to be a better mechanism by which to [treat] this …

[In] clinic … I was using more and more pharmaceutical drugs to tackle [diabetes]. [But] it doesn't take long to realize there are huge downsides to the pharmaceutical approach. There are huge limitations to efficacy. There's enormous toxicity …

[P]atients were looking great on paper — blood sugars would come down — but they were getting worse clinically. More edema, more weight gain, more fatigue, more depression. Every ounce of insulin I put them on was more disease. It was this Catch-22 situation.

It was my patients that started to help me out of that box that was … starting to get me very depressed. It was really these root-cause questions my patients were asking that I felt incredibly unequipped to answer …

Ultimately, they had an intuitive knowledge that … food must have something to do with it. I kept sending them to the diabetes educators who would teach them a low-carb diet. It turns out that type 2 diabetes is not caused by carbohydrates."

Keep reading here - - -> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/09/soil-microbes-intracellular-communication-affects-health.aspx

There is a 40 minute vid included in that article, but if you don't have time to watch it, a lot of the information is contained in the written article itself. This is VERY interesting stuff.