ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently July 24th, 2017, 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Chores you may be doing wrong
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2015, 10:48 am 
Site Admin

These aren't all "household" chores, but I decided to put it in this topic anyway.

The only one I don't and will never agree with is their stance about NOT washing chicken - how ridiculous! Of course you wash a chicken before you use it, for Pete's sake. (I would imagine this applies to any meat, not just chicken, to their way of thinking). When you are getting a chicken ready, you never put it under running water, and you certainly should never ever use a kitchen sink sprayer on it. Only an idiot would do that because the water splatters everywhere, not to mention whatever is on the chicken. No. You run a sink half full of water, or so, and lay the chicken in there, then roll it around a bit from side to side in order to rinse it off. No splattering, and then I clean the sink with my dish soap and add a little orange or lemon oil to the sink as a disinfectant, then rinse well.

http://farmersalmanac.com/home-garden/2015/09/21/8-common-chores-you-may-be-doing-wrong/

Post subject: Re: Chores you may be doing wrong
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2015, 11:25 am 

"By brushing first the floss will also transfer some of your toothpaste’s fluoride into the crevices between your teeth"

I am so glad I don't use toothpaste with fluoride in it!

I don't rake grass or use a grass catcher.. on 2 acres that would be silly. The only time I rake leaves is when they get blown into a corner of the porch/house, etc. Otherwise, I just mow over everything! Free mulch!

I wash my chicken and other meats.... So far, in all my life, never had any problems from it. Imagine that!

I had my hands at 10 & 2 when the guy ran the stop sign. The airbag broke my arm. And gave me an upper cut to the jaw.

Post subject: Re: Chores you may be doing wrong
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2015, 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Well, the "teeth thing" is not a problem for me anymore!! But I do use homemade toothpaste because I still brush my gums and scrape my tongue and such.

I agree about the free mulch, that's just what we do, too. We do pick up twigs and larger branches that then to come down like crazy whenever we get a big wind, but otherwise we just mow over whatever is there.

Always wash all my meat, no problems at all either.

When I drive, I almost always keep my hands at the bottom of the wheel - because it was "cool" to do that in high school and I just never changed. :D I also step on the gas pedal with my right foot and the brake with my left foot. Always have. I think I got started doing that when Dad was teaching me how to drive some of the farm equipment because on some of that older machinery that I learned on, you almost needed 4 legs to do the job!