ThePolkaDotApron.freeforums.org

We want to talk about healthy, nutrient-dense foods (and others, too, of course), news and information items (current and otherwise), the BROKEN allopathic medical system and the need for alternative medicine, weather, farming - hey, you name it!
It is currently May 29th, 2017, 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to thepolkadotapron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 7 superfoods for dogs
PostPosted: April 15th, 2016, 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Don't know why they think these are only superfoods for dogs . . . :roll: :? These are superfoods for people, too. ;)

http://prettyfluffy.com/home-living/health-wellbeing/7-superfoods-for-dogs

I would add avocados to the list (our dog loves them just plopped on top of whatever else happens to be in his food dish). I also sprinkle an acidophilus capsule onto his food once every day, and sometimes I add a probiotic capsule (opened and sprinkled on and sometimes stirred into the food, sometimes not). He also gets one bowlful of raw milk or raw goat milk every day. He's almost 11 years old and still does very well for a cocker (who has a rather short life span, usually, of about 12 years) and we're hoping he lives to be 18 like our other cocker did before him.

We had some nice weather earlier this week so he was outdoors quite a bit, but we've had planes and copters flying all over the sky for days now and no one is going to tell me they aren't releasing something into the air because I can smell it - and it's affecting the dog's eyes, as well as MY eyes.

I've been cleaning out his eyes twice daily with a piece of paper towel with a layer of coconut oil mixed with garlic oil and once his eyes are cleaned out (the gunk) then I spread a thin layer of it across his lashes (or in that area) so it works into his eye. It seems to be helping because I'm certain they were infected, not just irritated. If anyone has ideas of what else I might do for his eyes, place the info here and I'll try it.